The functions in SecurityFunctions.ps1 file can be divided into three main categories.
- The functions related to HTML report file generation
- Log write function which generates Logs
- The most important one is Get-SecurityFunction which check the environment for security implementation and calls other functions to generate the report
A portion of the sample report is provided below:This is version 1 of the script. I plan to incorporate the following improvements/enhancements in the scripts.
- Create a front end form where users will be able to choose the ESXi hosts and VMs on which the security test will be done
- Create separate functions for ESXi hosts check and VMs check
- Separate HTML output generation function from Get-SecurityFunction
- Create more proper Verbose and Debug output
- Create more detailed logging
- Take input from credential file instead of at the runtime
I expect inputs from you so that we can work together to make it better. The script and sample can be availed from https://github.com/sajaldebnath/vsphere-security-hardening .